Click here to read family testimonials

Coaches & Carriages

We provide a varied choice of authentic and traditional funeral transportation, which has been lovingly restored to its former glory with much of this work being done by our own highly skilled craftsmen.

Marston Hearse

This black canoe shaped hearse with blue and gold lining was built by John Marston of Birmingham circa 1912 or 1918 and suits either a pair or team of horses. The interior is mahogany lined with floor hatch, decorated with navy blue cloth upholstery and gold, silver and blue gold tassels. The rails and rollers are in white metal. The exterior seating in black leatherette. The front and rear doors are bowed and the glass finely etched with floral and leaf motifs.

Dottridge Hearse

Built by Dottridge Brothers of London around 1890 this is a fine hearse on light decoratively carved under works with large highly etched glass windows. The small arched side windows to the front and rear depict floral urns. The interior features the original varnished elm ceiling with cream sides and coach-lined in pale blue. The exterior is black with blue lines and has carved top panels depicting oak leaves finished in gold leaf. The roof crown mouldings are very ornate and also in gold.

The London Van

This trade van was built circa 1920 with well carved woodwork and prominent oval trade plates on the sides, painted black with gold lining to match the van. Seating in black leatherette.

Shillibeer Hearse

This very large and very rare carriage was built by John Marston of Birmingham circa 1900 and would be pulled by a team of horses. The carriage is painted black with white trim, as is the interior complete with gold fringing, with the exterior covered in black wool cloth. The hearse body is bow fronted and swivels round and has a central opening. The fore carriage has fluted column and urn uprights flank the body. The glass on the carriage is etched with small floral and leaf motifs.

Marston Mourner’s Coach

Built by John Marston of Birmingham, painted mid blue and still has the original interior of black buttoned leather with horse hair filling and navy carriage lace trim. The doors bear ivory makers plaques.

Park Drag Coach

Beautifully painted black with mid blue and red with black lining originally built by Holland and Holland of London circa 1885. The internal and external upholstery is in buttoned maroon melton cloth, with patent leather on the lazy backs. This large carriage must be pulled by a team of horses. This coach is know to have belonged to Rickards of London before entering the George Shaw collection.

Town Coach

The Town coach was built by T Hammond & Co of Paddington London Circa 1905 to suit a Pair or Team of horses, painted in navy blue with gold lining, with the doors bearing the initials TCS. The interior is upholstered in buttoned light blue leather with maroon carriage lace, and bevelled glass windows.


This elegant maroon and black carriage with gold and red lining, was built circa 1880, lovingly restored and bearing a TCS motif. The interior is upholstered in buttoned maroon leatherette, with beige wool lining to the black leatherette hood. This carriage can be pulled by either a pair or team of horses.

Thrupp & Mapley Barouche

Built in 1896 by Thrupp and Maperley this fine canoe bodied carriage is finished in ivory with black under works. It usually carries two passengers but two more can use a rear facing rumble seat which folds up. The original leather upholstered saloon can be covered by a half leather hood which folds up from the rear. The front under works are decoratively carved and coach-lined in white.

Norfolk Cart

Built by Benisons of Lemington in 1911 this is a two wheeled Norfolk style dog cart. The under works are painted primrose yellow and lined in black with a varnished wooden body. It is designed to carry four people with the rear passengers facing backwards. The high seating position is ideal for this type of country hunting cart.

Beaufort Sporting Brake

Built in the late 1890s by F.R. Shanks of London this four wheeled country vehicle was built to a design made popular by the Duke of Beaufort. It can carry four people including the coachman. The two rear passengers can face either forward or backwards by turning the seat around. This carriage would have been used on country estates for hunting partiess or general estate duties. The cart is painted in deep coach green with the side louvres, that provided air for the dogs travelling under the rear seats, picked out in black. The wheels and under works are black with green coach-lines.